20090216

senatorLincoln's eLetter


Manage your email and social networking accounts for free in one place at www.fuser.com


If you are having trouble viewing this message, please click here.





New Communication Tools for a New Year

Dear fellow Arkansan,

Welcome to the first edition of the Lincoln eLetter, my new electronic newsletter for Arkansans. I am proud to serve our great state, and through the Lincoln eLetter, I?ll keep you updated on my work in the United States Senate on your behalf and the latest news from Washington.

In addition to the Lincoln eLetter, I am also pleased to unveil my new website, where you can find information on:

? Legislation and current issues
? News, videos, and photos
? Visiting Washington
? Casework
? Internships
? And much more!

I also have launched my new YouTube channel, where you can watch videos and access other online content about my work fighting for Arkansas?s priorities.

I am excited to bring you these new communication tools and hope you find them informative. I welcome your feedback about how I can better serve your needs and look forward to hearing from you.

With Arkansas Pride,
Blanche L. Lincoln


Senator Blanche L. Lincoln:
Fighting for Arkansas?s Working Families and Small Businesses

As 2009 begins, I remain committed to fighting for policies that will ease the pressures faced by working families and small businesses in Arkansas and across our country to get our nation back on solid footing.

Job Creation and Relief

Through my position on the Senate Finance Committee, I will continue to work to ensure that we remain focused on job creation and relief for our working families and small businesses in order to boost our struggling economy. It is essential to encourage job creation here at home and allow American industries to be competitive in a global marketplace. It is also imperative that we give working families the relief they need through tax policy, which puts more of their hard-earned dollars back in their pockets.

Quality and Affordable Health Care

Access to quality and affordable health care must also be a top priority. Unfortunately, too many hardworking Americans, including nearly 500,000 Arkansans, remain uninsured. Businesses that offer coverage are finding a system that no longer works for them. They want to be able to continue to offer health benefits, but it must make economic sense.

21st Century Energy Economy

Our nation faces energy challenges that continue to threaten our economic and national security. That?s why I helped form a bipartisan group of Senators that has proposed a comprehensive plan focused on renewable energy sources like bio-mass; responsible domestic drilling; conservation initiatives; and new energy technologies like wind and solar. I will continue to push for a comprehensive energy policy that leads us to greater energy independence.

As the 111th Congress begins, the working families and small businesses of Arkansas should know their priorities are my priorities. As always, my goal is simple?to keep the focus on issues that affect you, so you can have the tools to be successful, now and in the future.


355 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-4843
Fax (202) 228-1371
912 West Fourth Street
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
(501) 375-2993
Fax (501) 375-7064
Toll Free 1-800-352-9364



gratefulDead

gRankedPosts